Catholic Interest

Interesting things Catholic

  • ..the devil's in the details..
  • ... John 5 25-29 ...
  • National Shrine in Wash. D.C>
    Add to My Yahoo! << # St. Blog's Parish ? >>

    Wednesday, April 04, 2007

    Giuliani is not good. Let's not pick the best of the worst.


    There is a feeling afoot that the Republican presidential candidates are so bad, it's time to pick the best of the worst.
    ...
    This simply can not be. We have 250+ million folks, and there must be one honest leader among them willing to sacrifice and become President.
    ...
    If not, we're finished.
    ...
    But if so, let's not lower our expectations to the best we can hope for. It still has something to do with doing the right thing to get the right end.
    ...
    Prayers are in order.
    ...
    ...
    Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani told CNN Wednesday he supports public funding for some abortions, a position he advocated as mayor and one that will likely put the GOP presidential candidate at odds with social conservatives in his party.
    ...
    "There must be public funding for abortions for poor women," Giuliani says in the speech that is posted on the video sharing site YouTube. "We cannot deny any woman the right to make her own decisions about abortion."
    ...
    "I'm in the same position now that I was 12 years ago when I ran for mayor -- which is, personally opposed to abortion, don't like it, hate it, would advise that woman to have an adoption rather than abortion, hope to find the money for it," he said. "But it is your choice, an individual right. You get to make that choice, and I don't think society should be putting you in jail."
    ...
    Regarding Southern Baptist Convention leader Richard Land's recent criticisms of Giuliani's three marriages, the former New York City Mayor said, "I've made mistakes. I've had a rocky road. I regret them. But they are between me, God, my conscience and the people involved. I wish I had led a perfect life. I keep striving, I keep trying to learn, I keep praying for help.
    ...
    [between me, God, my conscience and the people involved] Oh yeah! That's empty heart talk. That's a committee mentality. A leader is based on something. A committee member is based on nothing.
    ...
    He's not good. As he says he's still striving and trying to learn. We'd better pass and wait to see if he ever gets there.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home

    catholic interest.