Catholic Interest

Interesting things Catholic

  • ..the devil's in the details..
  • ... John 5 25-29 ...
  • National Shrine in Wash. D.C>
    Add to My Yahoo! << # St. Blog's Parish ? >>

    Monday, November 13, 2006

    Sir Elton



    I think the 'gay' moment is over. It will return someday, but for now, the
    One Man / One Woman State amendments have quieted the crowds.

    Effective people have a trait of seeing things as they are and responding
    accordingly. Sir Elton has a ways to go in improving his vision.

    He feels religious people hate homosexual activists. I have never met a
    hateful religious person. I'm sure they're out there somewhere, but they must be
    few.

    "I think religion has always tried to turn hatred towards gay people."

    "But there are so many people I know who are gay and love their religion," he said. "From my point of view, I would ban religion completely."

    Not very compassionate toward those friends of his who love their religion is
    he?

    "Organized religion doesn't seem to work. It turns people into really hateful lemmings and it's not really compassionate. The world is near escalating to World War Three and where are the leaders of each religion?

    "Why aren't they having a conclave? Why aren't they coming together? I said this after 9/11 and people thought I was nuts. Instead of more violence why isn't there a meeting of religious leaders?" he said.


    "It's like the peace movement in the Sixties. Musicians got through to people by getting out there and doing peace concerts but we don't seem to do them anymore.

    Religious leaders are always speaking out against war. The problem of dull
    reaction is in the hearts of the listeners.

    The young musical idol listeners today are not the young listeners of the
    60's. Peace music is not going to resonate like it did then. Smart musicians
    have stayed away.

    I only bring Elton up because he is 'Sir' Elton. Other than that, he has little
    to say of note.

    link

    link

    He also vowed to continue his fight for gay rights and AIDS charities: "I can't just sit back; it's not in my nature anymore. I'm nearly 60 years old after all. I can't sit back and blindly ignore it and I won't."

    Work on that 'blindly' thing Sir Elton. Even at 60 you still may have enough time
    left.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home

    catholic interest.