Catholic Interest

Interesting things Catholic

  • ..the devil's in the details..
  • ... John 5 25-29 ...
  • National Shrine in Wash. D.C>
    Add to My Yahoo! << # St. Blog's Parish ? >>

    Saturday, February 18, 2006

    Black Catholics



    From this slave ship on the floor of a chapel, to

    a list of many Black Saints, to

    the Canonization
    of St. Josephine Bakhita, on the

    "The National Black Congress" website.

    Listening to What Bakhita Says:

    If I were to meet the slave-traders who kidnapped me and even those who tortured me, I would kneel and kiss their hands, for if that did not happen, I would not be a Christian and Religious today…

    I can truly say that it was a miracle I did not die, because the Lord has destined me for greater things…

    Mary protected me even before I knew her!

    When a person loves another dearly, he desires strongly to be close to the other: therefore, why be afraid to die? Death brings us to God!

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home

    catholic interest.