Catholic Interest

Interesting things Catholic

  • ..the devil's in the details..
  • ... John 5 25-29 ...
  • National Shrine in Wash. D.C>
    Add to My Yahoo! << # St. Blog's Parish ? >>

    Tuesday, October 10, 2006

    He's the man!


    "In the Muslim world, this quotation has unfortunately been taken as an expression of my personal position, thus arousing understandable indignation," he said in one footnote.

    "I hope that the reader of my text can see immediately that this sentence does not express my personal view of the Koran, for which I have the respect due to the holy book of a great religion," he wrote.

    "I intended solely to draw out the essential relationship between faith and reason. On this point I am in agreement with Manuel II, but without endorsing his polemic," the Pope wrote.

    link

    I love it. Controversy after the burst pimple.

    Perhaps we all have had
    the experience of talking to someone we had to deliver the truth to, even though
    they were unable to accept direct confrontation. What's the best method? It's to
    keep saying truth, but talk around the edges.

    "In the Muslim world, this quotation has unfortunately been taken as an expression of my personal position, thus arousing understandable indignation,"

    This could be understood as.. in the world of muslim viewpoint, there is an
    unfortunate inderstanding, unfortunate because it arouses indignation, undersood
    as a personal opinion, rather than a quote. In other words, too bad you're sad.

    "I intended solely to draw out the essential relationship between faith and reason. On this point I am in agreement with Manuel II, but without endorsing his polemic,"

    This could be understood as.. When it comes to faith and reason I agree with old
    Manuel II who was being besieged by muslim warriors with swords, although I
    would not have used Manuel's phrasing.

    "I hope that the reader of my text can see immediately that this sentence does not express my personal view of the Koran, for which I have the respect due to the holy book of a great religion,"

    Your religion which is great (notably large in size),
    has its holy book, and
    it deserves respect because it is important to you.

    Now let's get back to discussing how spreading a religion by violence has no
    part of the connection between faith and reason.

    Nicely said. Now I hope they don't chop off the Pope's head. Which is something
    I am sure the Pope has considered, and is prepared to suffer.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home

    catholic interest.