Catholic Interest

Interesting things Catholic

  • ..the devil's in the details..
  • ... John 5 25-29 ...
  • National Shrine in Wash. D.C>
    Add to My Yahoo! << # St. Blog's Parish ? >>

    Sunday, October 15, 2006

    God the butler



    I shouldn't pick on actors. They live in an isolated dream world.

    But David Hasselhoff does nicely portray all of us when we are so sure that
    God is there to help us over life's rough spots. A very handy butler ready to
    assist.

    The only problem is that it inverts the relationship from servant to
    served.

    Oh, and I could also point out the tendency of these folks to realize that in
    such an arrangement, they don't need any 'church' to make the friendly relationship
    work.

    link

    I was brought up Catholic, but that really turned me away from the Church. I do have a great relationship with God, though. He helped me when I had a drinking problem. He helped me through my divorce. He helped me through big decisions about the Knight Rider TV series."

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home

    catholic interest.