Catholic Interest

Interesting things Catholic

  • ..the devil's in the details..
  • ... John 5 25-29 ...
  • National Shrine in Wash. D.C>
    Add to My Yahoo! << # St. Blog's Parish ? >>

    Thursday, July 27, 2006

    Only in America, and only with deep pockets



    Amazing stupidity, or the end of reason. Then again, I could use $311K!

    I hope my boss asks me to work on Sunday, and fired me if I leave before the
    job is done.

    A United States federal district court in Fayetteville, Arkansas, has ruled for a Seventh-day Adventist who sought accommodation for his Sabbath-keeping beliefs. The worker was awarded U.S. $311,166.75 in lost wages and punitive damages.

    link

    "Through all of this, my faith has grown. Maybe a lot of people might want to try and blame God for what happened, but I wouldn't change a thing. If I had lost [in court] today, I still would have been thankful for what I'd done, standing up for what I believe," he told Adventist News Network in a telephone interview.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home

    catholic interest.