Catholic Interest

Interesting things Catholic

  • ..the devil's in the details..
  • ... John 5 25-29 ...
  • National Shrine in Wash. D.C>
    Add to My Yahoo! << # St. Blog's Parish ? >>

    Wednesday, December 21, 2005

    Rare


    http://www.rcab.org/Pilot/2005/ps051216/sisterolga.html

    "She became very much a sister to me in my heart, my soul, my spirit,” said Lydia Longoria, a BU graduate. “I think one of the best compliments anyone can ever receive is, ‘You remind me of God. You remind me of Jesus.’ I think we can all say that about Sister Olga.”
    Currently there is only one other woman living as a hermit in the archdiocese, but Sister Marian Batho, CSJ, archdiocesan Delegate for the Religious, asserts that it is a calling that people are still responding to.


    “The call to eremitical life is still very present,” she said.

    There is a Catholic hermit up on Madeline Island also. Folks there give her food, wood for the stove, and check in on her well being.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home

    catholic interest.