Catholic Interest

Interesting things Catholic

  • ..the devil's in the details..
  • ... John 5 25-29 ...
  • National Shrine in Wash. D.C>
    Add to My Yahoo! << # St. Blog's Parish ? >>

    Thursday, December 22, 2005

    I saw those icons and I was mesmerized


    http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05356/626023.stm

    "They're artists," he said. "I don't ask them why they want to come here. I don't judge them. God sends them. Painting an icon is a tangible religious expression. ... Sometimes it has a real effect on them."

    "I'm not a monk," he says. "I don't parade my religion before people who are already happy with their own faith. I'm a convert, and I'm a former public school teacher, so I understand where a lot of my students are coming from," he said.

    Yes

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home

    catholic interest.